Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reflections #5

Day 06 of lessons

Today was Class Test 1. I scored only 14/20. But I guess it was quite alright since some of the questions really were quite tricky.

Anyway, we continued with our lesson and today's topic was on the invisible web. We tried out a few like TP's Digital Library Portal site and Research Gateaway.

The invisible web is also known as the "deep web" or "dark matter", and is a collection of information stored in a from of data. The data is not acecssible by general search engines, thus the invisble web is a very useful tool for additional resources. It makes searches more effective because it locates information that a search engine cannot retrieve.

This is something I had been aware of but have not used it often enough for my projects I feel. I shall try to make full use of it in future to enhance the effectiveness of my research in future projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home