Friday, January 9, 2009

Reflection #2

Day 02 of lessons

We were given a summary lecture about Internet search facilities, and the different resources we can depend on to get our research from, but we were mainly on our own to do our own learning. From the slides, I learnt that each resource has it's own purpose, be it for information, business, news, personal, or entertainment. We were shown a variety of different sites as an illustration of this point.

Going through the lecture notes, I also learnt things like before carrying out a research, a strategy has to be planned in order to obtain the best results. Things like identifying crucial points in research topic and picking the most appropriate search facility are some of the crucial points in a good strategy. Before this, I had never put much thought into considering which type of research facility to use.

There are also ways of narrowing your search. For example, like this:


I had never thought we could narrow our searches like this. Shall try this soon.

Lastly, we also learnt what blogs, wikis, forums and RSS exactly are, among many other internet terms.

Although we had to do our own learning most of the time, I find that we can concentrate better, therefore absorbing more information, when we do it at our own pace in our own time. I shall begin my research soon and hope that I am able gather enough information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home